Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our Famiversary

One year ago today we became a family. I held the most amazing creature in my arms, and it was in that moment I fell completely and totally head over heels, giddy in love with BJ all over again, and most of all with Liv. I still remember what she smelled like that day and how her hair felt under my hand as I touched her for the first time.

Of course BJ and I in our new parent idiocy, were convinced she was deaf and possibly blind and were making plans to learn sign language. Please don't ask how the Ethiopian government saw fit to give two nitwits such an amazing child.

I can't imagine our lives without her, and I think of how she came to us every single day and how grateful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about her provenance.

I am a better person because of her, even though I still spray the can of Reddi-Whip straight into my mouth, but I am working on it.



She took meeting us much more in stride than we did. We were blithering crybabies.



Liv and the girls. I loved her old man gummy smile. Lily looks like some creature out of The Dark Crystal. Eek.



I am sure she is thinking, "Mom, how can I sleep with you taking pictures all the time?"



Our official Arizona adoption, this better be the last time Liv sees the inside of a courtroom, unless she is wearing what the guy in black has on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys sound like you are totally loving family life together. Congratulations on one year and hearing about your adventures in parenting is great for a newbie like me!